Saturday, January 26, 2013

Good-bye 2012...Hello 2013!



Happy New Year everyone!

So, I know I have been a bit ghost from these parts. Mostly because I have been focusing on me and my journey. It has been exciting, challenging, and all around a wonderful ride. I look forward to continuing forward, and wanted to share a bit of my goals for 2013 with you.

I am such a fan of Rosetta Thurman and her site Happy Black Woman. She posted some Year End Review questions on her site that I decided to follow along for the purpose of this list. If you want to do your own review, you can go to the site here.

What I Want to Remember About 2012


1.What was the most valuable lesson you learned this year?

I learned that when I am truly determined, I can do anything, and there is no one that can stop me from doing something I truly want to do.

2.What was the biggest personal milestone you reached this year in your relationships, health, finances, education and/or lifestyle?

Relationships: I have finally mentally prepared myself to let go of the two men whom I have given most of my time and heart to for so long. I learned how to say "no". I have also more clearly defined what is on my "yes/no/negotiable" list when it comes to a potential mate.  On the non-romantic front, I have re-ignited some friendships with women whom I truly admire.

Health: This is my biggest milestone of 2012! I started living a healthier lifestyle in April 2012 and I am so proud of myself to still be going strong!

3.What professional accomplishments (at work or in your business) were you most proud of this year?
It might sound crass, but I am most proud of not being fired. My program director and another co-worker were both fired for inappropriate behavior this summer. Sometimes it pays to be the person who does their job, follows the rules, and minds their own business.

4.What was your favorite family/friends moment from 2012?
The Norwegian cruise I went on right after Thanksgiving was both my favorite friend highlight and favorite family highlight. I was with all of my favorite people, and had a blast just relaxing and being around people who I know love me and my company.
 

What I Want to Bring Into My Life in 2013


1.What do you deserve more of next year? What do you deserve less of next year?
More: I deserve to give myself more ME time. Not just in the gym, but also in all areas: manicures, pedicures and getting my hair done. That is what ladies do, and I must be more of a lady if I want to attract a proper gentleman. But it is more than just that shallow superficial stuff: meditation, reading more--truly improving myself mind, body, and soul.

Less: I deserve to give less of me to those who don't deserve me. As in none of me at all.

2.What personal milestone(s) do you most want to reach in your relationships, health, family, finances, education and/or lifestyle?
Relationships: I have claimed for myself that 2012 is my last single year. By the time 2014 rings in, I want to be in a mutually monogamous, loving, nurturing, and purposeful relationship. I am ready to put the work in to get there i.e. putting myself out there more, going out socially, putting my best foot forward at all times. I also want to create stronger bonds and relationships with my friends. More dinners, more spending quality time. We are all getting older and I want to have plenty of memories to share.

Health: 2013 will be the year that I leave 300 behind. I'd love to be able to enter 2014 in one-derland, if not just a few pounds away from that point.

Family: I will make more time to visit my family in 2013. More than just holidays. At least a week every few months.

Finances: I have to learn how to live within my means. I will pay those whom I own money to back. I will also create another source of income for myself (freelance writing perhaps?)

Education: I will be enrolled in a MFA in Writing program by the time 2014 rolls around.

Lifestyle: I will travel (i.e. a trip that does not involve Georgia and visiting my folks) twice in 2013. One trip will be a cruise. The other will either be California or perhaps Europe. I will continue to make eating healthy and exercising part of my everyday lifestyle. healthy is a habit. I also want to start crafting again and expressing myself via art once again.

3.What professional accomplishments (at work or in your business) do you want to see for yourself next year?
I would like to start working with a mentor or business coach in an effort to help me figure out once and for all where --if anywhere--I am going with Belle-Noir. I also want to have established myself as a proficient freelance writer.

4.What do you want to learn in 2013?
The world of freelancing! I am in a place where I need to work for someone else right now, but it would be great to not be able to have to ONLY work for someone else. I'd love to truly work for me for a change.

5.What do you want to cross off of your bucket list in 2013?
- Attend a Mets/Yankees game at Citifield and Yankee stadium.
- Attend a NY Jets home game
- Go to California to meet Michele Perry (finally!) and go to Disneyland

 

What I Want My Life to Look Like in 2013

1.What part of your life do you want to pay more attention to in 2013?
My health and my relationships with others.

2.Who do you want to spend more time with in 2013? Who do you want to spend less time with in 2013?
I want to spend more time with family and my friends and less time with those who do not have my best interest at heart.

3.Which activities, habits or behaviors, if any, do you want to stop doing in 2013 because they no longer serve you?
No more allowing people into my life, home, out of loneliness. Nothing positive has come of that.

4.Which activities do you want to start and/or continue doing in 2013?
I want to continue exercising and eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. I'd also love to start getting facials quarterly. I also need to start writing more to get my portfolio ready for graduate school.

5.What will your ideal day look like next year?
Weekday: I will wake-up and thank the Lord for allowing me to see another day. I will shower and prepare either my oatmeal or breakfast smoothie for breakfast. I will put on my business casual and appropriate attire and go to work with my meal prepped lunch and workout wear in tow. I will eat right and drink plenty of water while at work. After work, I will go to the gym, ready to tackle the days objective--training for a 5K or continuing in my weight loss and strengthening journey. When I get home, I will eat a healthy and light dinner, do some writing, prep for the next day, and end the night watching a favorite show and speaking to those I love.

Weekend: I will start my weekend mornings in the gym. Saturdays will be the day of outings with friends and loved ones, while Sundays will be prep day for the week and crafting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat! I love comments!