I'm back! Sort of...
I know this blog has been collecting dust for the past few months. So...where have I been? Well, I am currently once again full steam ahead with all things Belle-Noir. The magazine has relaunched as a digital issue. So now, my world is once again all about all things plus size. It is invigorating, but at the same time, it is still very frustrating. I do feel myself fighting those same battles that at the beginning of the year had me drafting this post and in the gym four to five times a week.
I won't lie and say that I was completely happy when I was working on my weight. I wasn't. I abhor the gym. Eating healthy, while exciting when all my extra time is focused on losing weight and I am in the kitchen trying new recipes, is a drag and difficult when you are now essentially working two jobs and do not have time to cook. But as I mentioned in my Halfway Point post, I do feel the changes in my body.
At the same time, I am feeling a void in the plus community when it comes to women who are my size (26/28). It was a post about the new clothing line by Tina Knowles (aka Beyonce's Mom) on The Curvy Fashionista (note: Marie Denee is one of my favorite people in the plus community) that really brought my frustration to a head. And after doing a quick roll call on the Belle-Noir Facebook page, I realized that other women who were above a size 24 were feeling the same type of frustrations that I was. There's only one blogger that I know--shout out to Jessica Kane over at FatshionChic.com--who is a proud 26/28 and wears it WELL and take the time to show us plus size girls where she gets her stylish threads.
Hence, my feeling like I need to start a personal blog again. I had one many moons ago under my other Internet alias, BronxPearl. But the days of hiding behind aliases and screen names are long gone. I mentioned before that this is NOT going to be a fashionista blog. And I promise that it won't. Really, I need a place to vent some things out separate from the mag. A place where I can discuss everything plus size and nothing plus size if I so choose. Especially since there will be some new staff coming on board over at the mag, and I do not want to have to put a disclaimer on every post of mine that reads "The views & opinions expressed here are those of Ms. Aja B. and not Belle-Noir Magazine, or its staff."
Might I post a cute pic of me every once in awhile? Yup. Might I post a note about a great restaurant or great event I attended? Yup. Might you get a great recipe-be it light and flavorful or full of fat and sinful? Yup.
Basically, this is the world according to Ms. Aja B. I am not promising to post daily. It will most likely be weekly-ish. The only thing I can guarantee is that it will be an adventure. I'm a Gemini, so anything can--and probably will--happen. LOL!
Peace & Love, (and welcome aboard!)
Ms. Aja B.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Chat! I love comments!