Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Halfway Point

Today, June 30, is the last day in the 1st half of 2010. Is it just me, or has the 1st part of 2010 flown by? I remember when the "older" folks would say that years start to fly by as you get older. Now, I know what they mean.

So I am sure that the first question on every one's mind is: how are you doing with your weight loss? I cannot tell a lie: I allowed it to be pushed to the back burner for a minute. While I have not been eating the way I used to before February 1st of this year, I have only seen the inside of Planet Fitness maybe all of four times in the past couple of months.

I have no excuses. I know me. I easily let anything and everything else come before me and my own well-being. Instead of saying that little two letter word "no", I just keep it moving. And in the back of my mind, I say "Tomorrow will be another day. Tomorrow, I will get back on track." But you know what they say about tomorrow...

I feel the difference in my body though, and that is enough to kick this layoff on my journey to "Size Healthy" to the curb and get back on track. For awhile, my body was feeling great--not so much now. That, and I realize that this is more than just about my physical weight. It is also about letting go of the emotional baggage as well. When you already have plenty of self-confidence, I would imagine that losing weight is easy. There's no internal record that plays all sorts of negative thinking in your mind. You just think about how awesome you already are, and how much more awesome you will be when you get healthy & lose some weight. That is part of the reason why I titled this blog, "A Fat Girl, Interrupted", because I know that I have to get rid of all of my old ways of thinking about my relationships with food, people, even myself.

So, this is the halfway point. I'm dedicating myself to making it happen for myself the rest of this year and beyond. I'm the only one standing in my way.

Hope everyone working towards there personal "Size Healthy" goals are doing wonderfully! And if you might be like me and are experiencing your own straying from the journey, there's no time like today to get started all over again! No shame, no guilt, just a new resolve to move forward!

See y'all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat! I love comments!