Monday, March 8, 2010

Sisters in the Struggle: Sources of Inspiration

Yesterday, over on my online magazine/blog for plus size women of Color, Belle-Noir.com, I dropped this post for my readers to tell them about my new journey and why things had been so quiet over there as of late. The response from both readers I know well and readers I have never met—as well as friends & family-- was so wonderfully positive. It was good to finally put it out there for the world to see.

Now, of course, it’s time to keep on keeping on.

I am working on some longer posts, and some series of posts (one series will revolve around the importance of menu planning—I cannot BEGIN to tell you how important this is in the healthy living, healthy eating battle). In the meantime, I wanted to share with you a few of the websites that I have been turning to for inspiration and guidance along my journey. Maybe they will be sources of inspiration for you as well.

A Black Girl’s Guide to Weight Loss: This beautiful sister has managed to lose 145 pounds and is still losing weight! She provides tips on how she did it as well as shares recipes, exercise tips, and more.

Inspired Life At Every Size (aka The Fat Girl Weight Loss Map): I had the pleasure of meeting Trenia Parham a few years ago through Christian, one of the winners of Belle-Noir’s 1st Model Search. Through her blog, newsletters, tele-seminars and workshops, she guides plus size women through the weight loss. Her weekly newsletter sports motivational quotes and a healthy recipe.

The Vanishing Vixen: Gina Brotherton is the gorgeous beauty behind GGX Jewels, and is now also a blogger sharing with us all her journey to a new healthier life for herself and her absolutely precious daughter.


If you have a site that is all about getting healthy and losing weight, share it! What are some of your sources of inspiration in your healthy living journey?


3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to give you a little of encouragement. 2 years ago I was a 24/26 and now I am a 16//18. Although I didn't have as far to go as you. I stayed focused and had fun with it. I don't regret getting to my larger size. It was a valuable lesson that I am glad I learned. But in my smaller skin (and I was shooting for a 12... we'll see) its easier to play with my kids, hang with friends, and just generally live. I also suffered from depression... and losing the weight... helpted that too. I'm sure you have a support system. But if you ever need anything... don't be afraid to shout... GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Diva In Deep Thought: Hi there & thank you so much for the encouragement. Every little bit helps and it is great to talk to other women who are or who have gone through the same journey as I am now. I appreciate you, Sis. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aja, thanks for the mention here. Keep it up, I'm cheering and waiting for you at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat! I love comments!