Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up 02.20.10

I am still working on exactly what I want to share on this blog about my journey. I have made some decisions about how often I am going to be weighing myself for right now. Experts say that early on in the weight loss process you should weigh yourself everyday. But being the obsessive  person I am, for now, I am going to weigh myself on the 1st and the 15th of the month. At least until the end of June.

I also have decided to do a weekly wrap-up post that will discuss how my week was, any struggles in the gym, struggles with eating right, achievements, setbacks, etc. So, this is my first one and it is all about my case of the "don't-wanna-go-to-the-gym" blues this week.


I did not feel like going to the gym this week. Monday I was excited about getting to the gym, and I cranked out my 60 minutes on the treadmill and did a little bit of work for my abs. I was trying to really get into it, but I let a testosterone-filled competition move myself out of the way. My gym buddies--Elijah and Jay--are truly awesome in their support. Both of them have a bit more free time than I do at present moment, so they have been seeing a lot more of the inside of the gym, and as such, they have met up with men who are all trying to either maintain pretty nice looking bodies, or are working on getting their bodies in summertime shape. Which is all well and good. But when the testosterone starts flying i.e. "You gonna let him bench more than you, dude?!? C'mon son!" I knew it was time for me to make a graceful exit.  When I did, I felt silly because I could have just moved on to do something by myself. I tried to rationalize with myself that I had done my 60 minutes on the treadmill on a new level and speed, which had burned more calories than ever before. But I knew that I could have done a lot more.

Wednesday was not that bad at the gym. I was proud of myself for pushing myself to go even after getting out of work at 7:30pm. I put in my 60 minutes on the treadmill and did some leg work. Not too shabby.

Friday? Ugh. Did not want to go to the gym. Rough day at work=wanting to go home and just crash on the bed. And I had every intention of driving home, stopping at Wendy's for a Chicken Club & Fries, coming home and vegging out while watching the Olympics. I dropped my co-worker off literally five minutes from my house. But this voice in my head said "You already did two days this week. Get your third day in. You don't need Wendy's. You need your 60 minutes on the treadmill to clear your head of today's work funk." I proudly drove all the way back to Harlem to the gym. Worked out some of my frustration on the treadmill, and the rest when I got home as I cleaned the kitchen and snacked on a bowl of Special K Berry Yogurt.

Progress.

This weekend is all about menu planning for me. I realize that will not only help with the calorie & fat intake, but will also help keep those Wendy's urges at bay. But that is another post for another day.

What was your week like? Any goals accomplished? Anyone else feel the gym blues like me this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat! I love comments!