This was an interesting week for me. I can confess that after starting out STRONG at the gym (two days in a row) I petered out because the monthly beast grabbed me with wreckless abandon and cramps the likes of which I haven't felt in a few years. Yuck. But I am going to go to the gym tomorrow morning with a friend and get right back on the horse.
Remember how I mentioned I was working on a Menu-Planning post? Well, I still am, and this week only proved the importance to me. Lesson #1 in Menu-Planning: You have to commit to doing it. Otherwise, eating right becomes all the more difficult. Fortunately, I had made myself a big pot of this delicious Lentil & Tomato Soup because that is what got me through the week eating at least decently--I won't even say well.
The best part of the week? My friend Stacy recommended to me an AWESOMELY motivational book called "Confessions of a Carb Queen" by Susan Blech. Susan is a woman who at age 38 was 468.1 pounds. Yes, you read that right. The book is her memoir on why she gained the weight, why she kept the weight on for as long as she did, and how she loses the weight--in more ways than one. You will be hearing a LOT about this book over the next few weeks (maybe even months) because I saw so much of myself in the book. There were behaviors that she engaged in that while I didn't do them as aggressively and extensively as she did, I completely recognized myself in certain situations, moments, etc.
If you are on a weight loss journey (note: I loved that she also called it a journey) GO OUT NOW AND BUY THE BOOK! You can also learn more at http://www.susanblech.com/.
Thanks to the ladies who are following me so far. I appreciate ya! If there are any topics you would like to see covered on this blog, let me know. I know I am just getting into posting regularly. I am also going to start posting my Food Diary entries (ummm...once I become consistent with writing them down myself *smh*).
One step at a time. One pound at a time. Hope y'all had a good week & make it a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Chat! I love comments!