Where have I been? What have I been up to? How is my journey
going? So glad you asked (and even if you didn't, I appreciate being able to tell you anyway):
Where you been, girl? How’s my healthy
living & weight loss journey going?
So, in full disclosure mode, I ended 2014 having gained back 25 pounds of the 75 I had lost since 2012. What were the reasons for this? No excuses here: I stopped exercising regularly and although I didn’t revert back to ALL of my bad habits, I also didn’t exercise all of the self-control I had previously. If I wanted some cookies, I ate them. And while I could try to big myself up for not eating an entire pack of Oreos in a day like I used to, and instead having only the six pack that they sell in the corner store, at one point I was doing that every.day.
No bueno at all.
I was tired—physically and emotionally—for a variety of reasons. I'd been taking online classes since March which, while VERY rewarding, proved to be more challenging than I thought it would be (more on that in another post). My 40 mile round-trip drive to work everyday was starting to wear on me. Overall, I just stopped giving my journey 100%. All the while, I kept telling myself, once you move, things must get back to normal.
Which leads to the other big change in my life: I am now a resident of Savannah, Georgia! My parents moved here back in 2009 (my Dad is a Georgia native), and while I always considered moving to Georgia, sometimes life happens and what you expected to do in a few years, you get called to do much sooner. I have no complaints about the move because truthfully, I was ready for a change of scenery and the chance to start fresh in all things in my life. So, on December 22, I packed up my car with as many essentials as I could and made the two day, 850+ mile drive to the Peach State!
So, in full disclosure mode, I ended 2014 having gained back 25 pounds of the 75 I had lost since 2012. What were the reasons for this? No excuses here: I stopped exercising regularly and although I didn’t revert back to ALL of my bad habits, I also didn’t exercise all of the self-control I had previously. If I wanted some cookies, I ate them. And while I could try to big myself up for not eating an entire pack of Oreos in a day like I used to, and instead having only the six pack that they sell in the corner store, at one point I was doing that every.day.
No bueno at all.
I was tired—physically and emotionally—for a variety of reasons. I'd been taking online classes since March which, while VERY rewarding, proved to be more challenging than I thought it would be (more on that in another post). My 40 mile round-trip drive to work everyday was starting to wear on me. Overall, I just stopped giving my journey 100%. All the while, I kept telling myself, once you move, things must get back to normal.
Which leads to the other big change in my life: I am now a resident of Savannah, Georgia! My parents moved here back in 2009 (my Dad is a Georgia native), and while I always considered moving to Georgia, sometimes life happens and what you expected to do in a few years, you get called to do much sooner. I have no complaints about the move because truthfully, I was ready for a change of scenery and the chance to start fresh in all things in my life. So, on December 22, I packed up my car with as many essentials as I could and made the two day, 850+ mile drive to the Peach State!
I’m proud to say that as soon as I set foot on Georgia soil,
I made a beeline to the new Planet Fitness that opened just a few weeks prior.
While it is a 30 minute drive from where I’m living now, I am in LOVE with the
facility! They put me through major changes transferring my membership, but I’m
thankful that the great people at the Savannah location allowed me to exercise
while the transfer was taking place and made it smooth on THEIR end. I love
that each of their machines has a TV. You can watch whatever you want while you
sweat it out on the treadmill, elliptical or arc trainer. Love that!
I also have resumed my food and exercise tracking on My
Fitness Pal. It really does make a difference when I see every calorie that I’m
eating and how if I eat something that is full of calories, but not full of
nutrients, it makes a difference.
The result? Ten pounds lost in my first month of being in
Georgia! Holla!! I won't feel really swell until I get back to 305. And then, I'll feel like I am back on the right track. Right now I feel like I took a detour on my journey that while I know will get back to my main road, is long and windy and complicated.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Chat! I love comments!