Happy May, everyone! Can you believe it's May already? 2013 is flying by! I'm not mad, though because it means that the birthday month is right around the corner, and after that? My favorite time of the year: SUMMER!
Since 2013 came in, I have been giving myself personal challenges every month. Part of it is from following the Happy Black Woman Month in Review formula. Part of it is just wanting to challenge myself to something new every month until I get out of what I'm calling my creative fog (I refuse to call it Writer's Block or anything of the sort, because I have been writing, just supposedly not about what I should or need to be). In April, I joined my friend Erica Watson's "Ooo Baby, I Like It Raw" Challenge in her group, the SensuWell Sirens, and had fun creating smoothies for myself and just basically enjoying raw foods (Have you seen my Salad Suite? My salads are so the bomb! LOL!) I also have a new found love of baby carrots and flavored hummus (Zesty Spice and garlic hummus anyone?)
Joining the SensuWell Sirens has been a blessing! I love it when women come together to support one another. It is really one of the things that I am most passionate about. To quote Erica, the group is "not about weight loss, but health GAIN", and supporting each other in learning how to live healthier lives. Love that!
So this month’s group challenge is the “I Love Me” Challenge where Erica has asked us to join her in doing the following:
1. Set at least one Fitness Goal
2. Set at least one nutritional Goal
3. Set at least one overall Health Goal
4. Set at least one mental wellness and/or spiritual wellness goal or pampering goal.
5. Do the 2 day weekend detox with the SensuWell Sirens
6. Write a Love Letter to yourself expressing your wants and desires for your life.
These sounds great, right? Who couldn’t use a bit more self-love in their life? I know I definitely could. I am my own worst critic most of the time. So this challenge comes right when I need it! Part of this whole process for me has been learning to love myself enough to want to do good things for myself and my body. Sometimes, I’m better at it than others, but I haven’t given up at all.
So, here are my goals for the month of May:
1. Fitness: I will start the Couch To 5K app on my days working out alone.
2. Nutrition: I will have one green smoothie a day.
3. Health: I will drink 10-12 glasses of water a day and will schedule my annual check-ups (Physical and Eye doctor).
4. Pampering: I will treat myself to a new fragrance from Bath & Body Works and finally get my hair braided (either two strand twists or box braids).
If you are looking for a great support network, joining the SensuWell Sirens group on Facebook is a great idea! It's not just for plus size ladies, it's for anyone looking for support as they try to reclaim their health. If you do join, tell them Aja sent ya!
Will you join me in the “I Love Me” Challenge? What will you do for YOU this month?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Chat! I love comments!