So it has been a few weeks since I last wrote here. While I have not been active on the blog, I have been active in life. I've decided to borrow a page from one of my favorite bloggers, Rosetta over at Happy Black Woman, and conduct a Monthly Review. You can find her post on how to conduct your own review here.
1. What was the biggest PERSONAL milestone you reached last month in your relationships, health, finances, education and/or lifestyle?
My biggest personal milestone in both my health and lifestyle was this:
![]() |
| October 10, 2012 |
2. What was the MOST valuable lesson you learned last month?
I learned to give myself more credit and to not be so hard on myself. I can do this! The pic above is proof positive that the hard work will continue to pay off, so long as I do it! I did complete my 90 Day Challenge (it completed as of October 19, 2012). And while I had hoped for more results as far as movement on the scale, I clearly see that the inchces are going away. On top of that, my energy is up, my stamina is up. There's a saying that goes, "It works if you work it." That is true on so many different levels, but definitely with my focus on healthy eating and living.
Theme for October 2012: Focused!
Theme song for October 2012: This right here! (Side note: Y'all know you've been to parties when the DJ puts this on right before his break because he knows that it will keep you on the dance floor for a good 10 minutes while he catches his smoke break! No? Just me? Oh well. LOL!)
So what is in store for November 2012? Well, I have decided to take part in National Blog Posting Month (Or NaBloPoMo as the super cool bloggers call it)! Bascially, it is where you dedicate yourself to blogging once a day for the month of November.
I think it is going to be fun to do this. I have been needing to get out of a personal writer's block that seems to have been in place for oh, I don't know, the past year or so. *SMH* If you have a blog, or have always wanted to start one, this is a great time! You can get some great writing prompts from the BlogHer website (they are the organization hosting this challenge, and you will definitely find an seemingly infinite amount of inspiration for the fab female bloggers over there). You can also use Happy Black Woman's blogging prompts from her Blogging School. I hope to do a combination of the two, with a recipe or two thrown in for good measure!
How was your October? What are your plans for November? Will you be taking part in NaBloPoMo? I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Chat! I love comments!