Sunday, July 29, 2012
Making Healthy A Habit: Week 1 Recap
Week One of my "Making Healthy A Habit" 90 Day mission is in the books, and I am feeling really good about myself. I know that might sound very simple, but it is really a bit deeper than that. This journey is more than just about physical health for me. It's about emotional and spiritual health as well. So, besides putting good for me foods in my body, I am making a conscious effort to also work on my mood, my attitude, and how I interact with the people in my life.
I got some interesting news from someone that I love more than I probably should that threw me for an emotional loop. The news essentially, in my mind's eye, signaled the end of what I was hoping would be something pretty special. I will definitely discuss it more, because my relationships (and often times lack thereof) are a big part in this journey (and definitely something that 90 days will only begin to help).
I got the news at work, and as I was getting ready to head home, I wanted to stop at every fast food spot and eat my pain away. A juicy whopper, with a large Dr. Pepper, large fries, and then maybe some pralines & cream ice cream from Baskin Robbins sounded perfect to drown the sound of what I knew was certainly my heart breaking. But as I drove past the exits that would put me right at each of those restaurants, I did the right thing and kept driving until I got home. I made myself a huge salad with peppers, red onions, and avocado (those are my toppings of choice right now), and ate it with just a bit of lime juice as dressing (I douse my avocado with lime juice as soon as I cut them, so I only needed a bit more for the rest of the salad). I warmed up a piece of my baked chicken from earlier in the week, poured myself a huge glass of my homemade green iced tea with honey, lemon and ginger, and was happy that I did not let the emotions get the best of me and throw me off track.
My mission for this week is to step up my exercise. I keep saying I need to be working out four or five days a week, and until this point, I have only managed two or three. The weather hasn't been cooperating, so I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands & head back into the gym. Pray for me. I really don't like going to the gym, even the "judgement free zone" of Planet Fitness. But, I've procrastinated on that long enough.
Here's to Week Two! Thanks for reading! If you want to keep up with my progress during the week, be sure to follow me on Twitter (@MsAjaB) and Instagram (MsAjaB) for pics, updates, motivational quotes & more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Chat! I love comments!