Monday, December 2, 2013

Meal Prep Monday: Week of 12.2.13


Happy December Everyone!

I can hardly believe that it is December 2nd! 2013 has truly flown by. I look forward to reflecting on the past year and setting my goals for 2014. But for right now, my only plan is to finish out 2013 strong! 

The holiday season can be very difficult for those of us who are on a journey to better health. Holiday parties, holiday desserts, delicious holiday foods...it can definitely lead down a bad road if one is not fully prepared. I am taking extra care to meal plan this month for two reasons: 1) By mapping out my meals all week, I can plan on indulging a little bit on Treat Days and 2) I am hoping to make meal planning a regular practice for me in 2014 so this will be a great lead in to 2014.

I will post more about meal prepping before 2014 rings in, but I wanted to share with you my menu for this week. Be sure to visit on Mondays to see what I'll be making and follow me on Instagram (@MsAjaB) to see pictures of my dishes throughout the week! 

Are you a meal prepper? Please share a link to your blog in the comments below! I think it would be great to see what everyone is making as we all strive to live healthier lives! 

Meal Plan for Week of 12.1.13

Breakfast
Mini Vegetable Frittatas (note: I added leftover ham from Thanksgiving and bell peppers to mine)
Sweet Potato Home Fries
Green Tea

Mid-Morning Snack
Applesauce or Greek Yogurt

Lunch 
Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato and Spinach Soup
Toasted Multigrain Dinner Roll
Lemon, Cucumber & Mint Water
Pear

Mid-afternoon/Pre-Workout Snack
100 calorie pack of almonds

Post-Workout
Chocolate Protein Shake

Dinner
Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash and Quinoa (note: I will be using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving--hope to post my modifications later this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat! I love comments!