I hope that you all had a great holiday season and are now looking forward to the promises that 2011 have in store for all of us. This time of year, of course, you see everyone posting about their resolutions for this New Year. I am someone who has consistently sucked at keeping personal resolutions. Call it lack of willpower, lack of discipline, or just being in my own way, when it comes to things that will benefit me personally, I usually start out strong and then slowly let the flame die out.
I considered writing out a list of resolutions/goals for myself for this year, but instead, I am leaning more towards following the lead of my friend Latisha when she proclaimed on her blog that she is going to go into 2011 without rules, "just realizations". Write it down and then...DO IT!
Clearly, one of my main goals is the progression of Belle-Noir Communications. And even though the digital launch was a great step in the right direction, it is just that--a step. And while Belle-Noir does fall in both personal and professional for me, there are other personal goals that I have. And, as I learned while watching NBC Sunday Today in New York, they don't have to be so large that they become daunting.
So, I'm sharing a few here and will hold y'all accountable for checking me on these if you don't hear about me doing any of them over the next few weeks LOL!
- Wearing make-up to work one day a week. Maybe this will allow me to perfect that "15 minute face" everyone talks about.
- Checking out a new restaurant once a month. There are so many that NYC has to offer--including several by some owned & operated of my favorite Food Network Chefs/Personalities--which leads to...
- Make at least one new recipe a week. I am a foodie. I love Food Network. I have a file of recipes that is as thick as an encyclopedia. Why am I clipping them if I am not utilizing them to see which ones taste great and which ones can be tossed?
- Blogging here once a week, minimum.
Regardless of how you personally decide to handle resolutions, I hope that you will GO FOR IT this year! What are some of your goals/resolutions/realizations for 2011?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Chat! I love comments!