Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thanks, But No Thanks

Today, I wanted a cookie.

Not just a cookie. I wanted three cookies to be exact.

The sunshine was calling my name at lunchtime today. So I decided to take a walk over to Subway and get an oven roasted chicken sandwhich on whole wheat bread, no cheese, with lettuce, tomato, onions, sweet peppers & fat free honey mustard. I ordered my sandwich, happy that I said no the Montery Cheddar bread and to the slices on Provolone cheese that I used to throw on one of my favorite sammies.

And then I got to the end of the counter...

I haven't had a cookie since February 1st. I've been tempted. But I know that right now, moving the weight is more important than any cookie, piece of cake, etc. that can cross my lips. But I will be DARNED if those white chocolate macadamia nut cookies weren't calling me today.

"Aja, you've been so good. What is one cookie going to do? Better yet...3 for $1.00? What will that really do? You are going to the gym tonight. You can burn us right off..."

I can tell on myself and say that I was just about to ask for 3 cookies when I saw the calorie count on just ONE cookie: 250 calories! Times three? Seriously? 750 calories? Hell to the naw!

I just had to share that with the universe today. I was faced with temptation and, just for today? I was able to say "Thanks, but no thanks!"

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! That is so hard to do. Your whole mindset has shifted! I'm not quite there yet. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat! I love comments!